What devices do you use for Volunteers?

ManUpCampaign

Organization
Donation Link
Donate
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. At Man Up Campaign we are currently in the process of evaluating the equipment and devices we provide to our dedicated volunteers, and we'd greatly appreciate your input and suggestions on this matter. Ensuring that our volunteers have the right tools at their disposal is crucial to the success of our mission, and your insights can make a significant difference.

Here are a few questions I am struggling with:

1. What types of devices or equipment do your organizations currently provide to your volunteers? Please specify the make and model if possible.
  2. Are there any particular devices or tools that have proven to be exceptionally useful for your volunteers in the field? We'd love to hear success stories or any innovative solutions you've come across.
  3. How do you assess the needs of your volunteers when it comes to technology and equipment? Do you have a formal process in place, or is it based on individual requests?
  4. In terms of communication and connectivity, what methods or devices have you found most reliable for keeping volunteers connected, especially in remote or challenging environments?
  5. How do you handle the maintenance, repair, or replacement of devices for your volunteers? Any best practices or tips in this regard would be highly appreciated.
  6. Do you have any recommendations for cost-effective yet durable devices that have served your volunteers well?
  7. Are there specific security measures or protocols you have implemented to protect the data and privacy of volunteers when using devices for your NGO's work?
  8. Are there any emerging technologies or trends in equipment provisioning for volunteers that you are keeping an eye on or experimenting with?
Please feel free to share your experiences, ideas, or any challenges you've encountered. Your valuable input will help us make informed decisions and ensure that our volunteers have the necessary tools to carry out their tasks effectively.

I would really like to know what you guys are using so we can also evaluate this!

PoorPanther

Those are a lot questions sir!!

1) We provide them with Samsung Galaxy Tabs, with pre-installed apps
2) yes, it helps us a lot to track what our volunteers are doing, we can easily see things live, and it also helps the volunteers to input information directly and capture moments. We’ve some beautiful shots!!

3) it is a formal process
4) We use Slack, its free
5) We use special cases and strong screen protectors. Each case has a tracker in it so we can always follow jt
6) Samsung is very good
7) I don’t understand this question
8) I don’t understand this either haha

If you need more information, please let me know